Green Card

Attorney Oklahoma

In common use a Green Card has a more formal name- United States Permanent Resident Card.  It allows the person holding the card to live and work in the country without any worry or fear of deportation by removal.  It doesn’t allow the person to become a citizen of the country.  You may keep this status for the rest of your life as long as you don’t abandon your residence by staying outside the U. S. for too long or act in a way that makes you subject to deportation.  By obtaining permanent resident status, the person may also obtain the ability to travel in and out of the country for limited amounts of time.


Click here to schedule

your case evaluation.


While holding a green card the person may petition for relatives (spouse and children) to obtain a green card as well.  This process isn’t an easy one, but situations like family relations, employment and asylum can possibly help.  If this is what you want to do, it is important that you contact our office as soon as possible since this process can take time.


Most people living in the U. S. are eligible to change their status to permanent residence without leaving.  In the event you have ever violated your lawful immigration status, you may be able to adjust you status if:


1. Are an “immediate relative” of a U. S. citizen (parent, spouse or child)

2. Qualify for benefits under section 245(i) and pay an appropriate fine

3. Qualify for benefits under section 245(k) as an employment-based immigrant

4. Qualify under section 209 if you are an asylee or refugee


Click here to schedule

your case evaluation.



Any and all information and material contained in this website (and all of its pages) are intended only as general information and does not constitute formal or informal legal advice or a solicitation of legal services.  If a statute, rule or regulation of any particular jurisdiction renders the exchange of information to be proscribed or nonconforming, in whole or in part, then this law firm,

JONNY V.  RANDALL, ESQ., INC., will not accept representation based upon said exchange of information.